Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Heir Style

Just like many blogs before mine, I shall declare how I started blogging. I have a friend who is a long time blogger and by chance another friend of mine recently decided to follow suit to kill time. Another mutual friend caught the "blogging bug" and urged me to join in the fun. That is how I inherited blogging.

There are no hard and fast rules to blogging and people blog for various reasons. So it is not unusual to find blogs expressing frustrations, disappointments, happiness, love and other emotions. In fact, according to my friend, many blogs are just devoted to complaints. When he started blogging, he wanted to be unique and talk about life through stories.

I thought that was a real good idea and embarked to think out of the box. My first post Random Rants of Zan clearly depicts my intentions to bring refreshing thoughts randomly. Blogging, I realised, turned out to be different from other forms of writing. It is a great challenge for me to express myself in a short and concise manner while still writing in proper coherent sentences to bring my messages across clearly. I try real hard to keep everything short and sweet lest I bore people.

Yet like what I wrote in Bad is Beautiful, there will always be people who love what you do and people who don't. Although this is how I meant my blog to be but writers are barely their own best critics. "Quod scripsi scripsi" said Pontius Pilate when he made Jesus Christ the King of Jews. "What I have written I have written."

No comments: